The first museum of fortification of the Second World War in the territory of the post-Soviet space was opened in 2004 in the firing point No. 115 of the Minsk fortified district.
This three-dimensional point of fire belonged to the M 3 type. Reinforced concrete walls and a combat coating (90 and 60 centimeters thick, respectively) provided protection from the shells of a 122-mm howitzer, and at long distances – from a 152-mm howitzer. The point was armed with three Maxim machine guns on special PS-31 machines of the Gornostalev system, with a central water cooling system, and one Degtyarev hand machine gun. The ammunition consisted of 28,500 rounds. The point was provided with telephone communication via underground and ground cables and a radio station. A periscope was installed for circular observation. Protection from chemical warfare agents during a chemical attack and from powder gases during intensive shooting was provided by a filter-ventilation system, the embrasures of machine guns were equipped with devices for sealing. The point also had sets of spare parts and accessories for weapons and equipment, locksmith and trench tools, a supply of water and food, various household and household property.
The garrison of the firing point consisted of 12 Red Army soldiers.
At the moment, Zaslavl is the only city in Belarus, within which there are more than 10 machine-gun and 3 artillery long-term firing points. Most of them participated in the battles near Zaslavl in June 1941 and have combat damage. Some firing points lasted from two to four days. They held back the enemy's offensive on Minsk and inflicted considerable losses on it.